November 18

Caleb and I were getting ready to go to the grocery store today when we noticed a package on the front porch. It was for Caleb, from his GREAT Aunt Maggie. Since I'm kind of impatient, we opened it right away.

(Note: I'm pretty proud of myself for actually letting Caleb open this all by himself. It was tough work to resist my desire to open it for him!)

He looks suspicious in this photo, but I think it was actually a combination of curiosity and interest in the polka-dotted tissue paper.

This was inside:

(Note: Prepare to die from cuteness overload. You may need to have someone trained in CPR nearby.)

OHMYGOSHHOWCUTEISHE????

Now, I realize he looks skeptical. And in fact, he was skeptical.

But he actually liked the hat. 
Right after this photo, I took the hat off of him and put it on my head, so that he could see how funny it is. Then, he laughed and laughed!

After we got over the hilarity of the hat, we found a great new book in the box.


One of Caleb's current favorite books is Tails, by the same author. We've had our eye on this book for a while, and Caleb loves it!

It was really hard to pull him away from the book and the hat to finally go to the grocery store. But when we got home? We read the book at least five times.

Thanks, Maggie!


2 comments:

  1. sooo glad that you didnt have the book. fave part of the hat is the tail in the back. glad he liked it:)) missed seeing him--just want to see him WALK.
    hugs
    g-aunt mag:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet surprise to find! How adorable as usual! That first hat picture is totally my new background on my computer at work :)

    ReplyDelete