November 16

Caleb and I have been ridiculously productive the past two days. I'm sure it's a spree that will end soon, but I'm pretty proud of us. (Caleb gets credit for the productivity simply for being cheerful while I was productive. If only it worked that way in real life!)

Today, in an effort to reward him for his general fantastic-ness, and in a (fruitless) effort to tire him out for an afternoon nap, I took him to the park again.

This kid is so much fun at the park!
At the foot of the slide, trying (unsuccessfully) to climb up it. I think he knew he couldn't do it. You can see it in his eyes.

Running - all over the place! The ground is a fun spongy texture, which makes running even more fun!

He ran over to the swings and said, "Shing! Shing!" He was thrilled to swing.

I only got laughs like this when I pushed him really high.

A pensive moment

How sweet is he?
 

As Caleb was climbing the steps to go down the slide (again), I found myself marveling at how much fun he is. I've discovered that I'm definitely not one of those, "Don't grow up!" mamas. When he was an infant, I thought he was delightful. But at each new milestone, I've discovered that he's even more fun!

However, I have no mental image of myself with "kids". Babies, I can picture. Kids, not so much. Will Caleb really be that much fun at 9? 13? Logic says yes, but I'm still not sure about the whole kid thing...


2 comments:

  1. he will only grow in delightfulness! there will be days... but, in general, he will only become more wonderful! especially with YOU as his mom:))
    G-Aunt Mag:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow he is cuter than ever! Love his hair. I know, that is so weird to think, wait- he is just going to keep getting older?! What will I do when he is 12?! You will grow and change with him though. You are such a great mom and will continue to be so!

    ReplyDelete