July 28

Lots of fun things happen today, but I only managed to take one picture.
Sorry.

We took Lily to church for the first time this morning, and she behaved perfectly. I wore her in the Moby wrap on my chest, and during the 90-minute service, she let out a total of three random squawks. I think that's pretty good for her first time at church!

We napped and nursed all afternoon, and Chris took Caleb up to the top of our street to ride his bike in a flat area. Here are some cell phone pictures Chris took of that:

He's doing pretty well! I think he just about has the pedals and brakes figured out!

Later, a friend from MOPS brought us a delicious meal from our very favorite restaurant, and then my parents stopped by for a surprise visit! We shared leftover birthday cake, and Mom snuggled a very sleepy Lily while Caleb and Daisy competed for Grandma and Grandpa's attention.

It was a pretty good day.

But all you get to see of it is this:
A sweet, snoozing Lily.

We got an Arm's Reach mini co-sleeper for her (don't worry - it was a Craigslist find, at a bargain price!), but she seems to prefer our bed. At this point, I can't say that I mind, but I think in a few months I'll be glad that she has her own room. We're just still using that room, and Daisy is still using the crib.

But since I can't leave you with just one picture, how about some of the pictures that Amber took of Lily the other day? Prepare to die from cuteness overload. (I've left out a few that are on her birth announcement, so you'll just have to wait to see those...)

She's a sleepy one!
(I think this one is my favorite. It's the epitome of a peaceful, perfect baby!)

Isn't she lovely in her little flower headband? Amber made that. She's a woman of many talents.

Oh! Her darling little bottom!

And then we took her outside. She didn't seem to mind the breeze at all!

Oh! Those cheeks! Aren't they darling?

Love this girl!

Amber tried to take pictures of all three kids at the beginning of the photo shoot, but Daisy was being a typical two-year-old. Caleb, however, was eager to have his picture taken with his new baby!

Luckily, just as Amber was getting ready to leave, Daisy decided to cooperate. She's kind of a stinker. (I think she gets it from her mama.) 

But she's so darn cute that I have to overlook her stinker tendencies!

Many thanks to Amber for these priceless photos. With photographer friends like her and Sara, I think I could put my camera away and never take another picture! Don't worry, though... I'll keep at it!

(Also, I love that this post has the full spectrum of photo-quality in it: cell phone pictures, crummy DSLR pictures, and lovely, full-frame DSLR pictures!)

No comments:

Post a Comment