July 25

My dear friend Amber came over today to take some pictures of Lily. I've seen two of them so far, and they are just breathtaking. (Updated: you can see Amber's pictures here.)

Amber and I had hoped to get a few pictures of all three kids together at the beginning of our shoot, but Daisy was being pretty ornery. Instead, Chris took Caleb and Daisy on a bike ride while Amber worked her magic. Here are his pictures from their bike ride:
Apparently they rode to the lake, and took a break to play on the beach. It's amazing how empty the lake is on a weekday morning, compared to the weekend or an evening!

I love this action shot of Daisy throwing a rock into the lake!

 Meanwhile, it would appear that this is the only picture I've taken of Lily today:

Not quite breathtaking, huh?

Oh, wait. There's also this one: 
Ha!
Now, before you think that I'm saying my precious daughter is anything less than lovely, that's not it at all. It's just that the images that Amber captured and the ones that I captured - of the same baby, in the same location, on the same day - are so vastly different. It's actually quite funny.

Also funny? How much Caleb and Daisy love their sister. The novelty has yet to wear off, and these children are absolutely smitten. 
This was right after bath time tonight. Daisy just wanted to be close to her sister.

Then Daisy got up, and Caleb took her place, and Lily reached out and grabbed Caleb's hair. Caleb was so pleased, and Daisy was absolutely distraught that Lily hadn't grabbed her hair!

Daisy plopped herself down, as close as could be, hoping that Lily would grab her hair, too.

And these kids are so good at being gentle!
Chris plays a game with them where they lay on the bed, and he places his hand on their chests and bounces them while they make funny noises. Caleb and Daisy decided to try this with Lily, and without me even telling them, they used the gentlest of touches on their sister.

Ha! Except here, it looks like Lily is about to pop Caleb in the eye!

Sweet children. I can't believe we have three. I am not looking forward to the end of this babymoon, when Chris goes back to work and I'm left to figure it out by myself! Thank goodness I still have another week...

2 comments:

  1. Ha! You're being too hard on yourself. I had great intentions for newborn pics of Gussie and it totally didn't happen - I blame it on postpartum fuzzy brain. Plus the pictures of Caleb and Daisy wanting Lily to play with them are better than any posed shot, especially with Daisy rocking the post-bath combover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are just priceless. How sweet the three of them! When you are feeling like it, will you send me a few copies of these where they are all laying together? No rush-It can be like 4 monhts from now! I know things are busy!!

    ReplyDelete