March 3

One thing I am learning about myself as a mother: I am a big fan of waiting.

I'm in no rush to potty train Eli. I'll know when he's ready, and it will be easier than trying to do things on my schedule.
Some of my friends are eager to start preschool activities with their two-year-olds. I'd rather let mine play. Learning will come in its own time.

Lily has decided that the time has come for her to start learning her letters. She suddenly has a great interest in all of the written words she can find, though the poor girl doesn't yet know the difference between numbers and letters and calls them all "numbers". 

Today we started learning how to write her name. She. Was. THRILLED.
I printed out a sheet with her name written in dotted lines on this website. Then I tucked it inside a plastic page protector, gave her a dry erase marker, and put her to work. After a bit of instruction on how to do each letter, she was off!

When she completed the page, she was so proud of herself! Then she erased it, and tried again.


"Hooray! Daddy will be so PRR-OUD of me! He will give me a BIG kiss!!!"

The sweet girl's enthusiasm was contagious, and Caleb and Daisy were giggling and so happy for her. Way to go, Lily!


No comments:

Post a Comment