March 21

I brought my big camera to our Classical Conversations group today, and I documented a few of the things that have been our normal Tuesday for the past 20+ weeks.
We always start the morning with a large group assembly, where the kids practice their memory work and sing the timeline song. Caleb and Daisy never run off and sit with friends; they always hang to the back and nearly sit on my feet. If I try to shoo Caleb off to sit with other people, he glares at me. Most of the time, I have to force him to stand during the standing times, or he will just stay seated on the ground while everyone else stands. Eli, meanwhile, is typically disruptive and needy. Until he is snuggly and adorable. Large group time is stressful for me.

Caleb's class learned about what makes airplanes fly today and practiced making paper airplanes. My boy was in heaven! He watched carefully as his tutor explained what she was doing. She was in the Air Force at one point, so clearly she is a paper airplane expert.

Once all of the kids had made their airplanes, they lined up and had a competition to see whose plane went the farthest.

In the evening, Chris took the kids swimming at the YMCA pool while I exercised. I finished in time to spot this adorableness:
Daisy is a starfish.

This is a zoomed-in, low-light cellphone picture, but it was such a sweet moment that I don't want to forget it. Eli was on his belly, scuttling around on his hands and kicking his feet. He looked up, saw me, and burst into a grin so wide that I thought his face might split. Then he shouted, "I swimmin', Mama! I swimmin!"

Sweet baby. I'm so glad Chris takes them swimming and they are so comfortable in the water. Caleb and Daisy start up with swim lessons again in April!


No comments:

Post a Comment