March 15

Two months ago, Caleb got a Lego magazine in the mail. It's free, so he has been subscribed for a while. This particular issue had a centerfold section advertising Lego Land, and the new Ninjago section and ride. Caleb was enthralled, and brought it to me, excitedly asking if we could go.

My first response was, "No."
Then I looked closer, and saw that there was a location in Florida.
Then I googled, and realized that Maggie lived about two hours from Lego Land.
My "No" switched to a hesitant "Possibly".
Then I googled admission rates, and it became a hard NO. I did the math and realized that for our whole family to go, it would cost over $600. Not happening.
When I explained this to Caleb, he lit up. "Look, Mommy! I have a coupon!"
And he did - it was a coupon for a free child's admission with each paid adult. 
At that point, I knew our answer had to be yes. Caleb gets excited about very little, and he takes initiative to make things happen very rarely. For him to be excited and finding coupons? It needed to happen. After some discussion, Chris and I decided that he and Caleb would do a day trip to Lego Land, while I stayed back with the little ones. 

Maggie graciously allowed Chris to borrow her car, and the boys left for Lego Land at 7:30 am.

Meanwhile, we had fun of our own. Maggie and I took the little ones to the Sarasota Children's Garden, which felt a lot like a crazy hippie's back yard.

There were costumes for the kids to dress up in, and wear throughout the garden.
Lily was a princess, and Daisy was a witch. Eli wore a storm trooper mask, but he didn't want to be in this picture.

Daisy felt pretty fancy in the giant rocking chair.

Storm Trooper Eli walked across the bridge on the pirate ship.

Do you see Princess Lily at the top of rainbow tire mountain?

Don't mind me. Just wearing my baby again! This time, it's in my pouch sling. Love that thing!

Daisy and I sent this silly picture to the boys.

Meanwhile, the boys were having a great time! I stole all of these pictures from Chris' phone.

It was a high of 63 this day, but Caleb didn't mind!

Eating a Lego pretzel.

One of the Ninjago characters.

With Sensai Wu, from Ninjago.

About to go on Caleb's first roller coaster. He loved it!

AHHHHH!

This water ride was Caleb's favorite part. He loved spraying and squirting people!

All wet.

With Emmett from the Lego Movie.

Traffic jams meant that the boys didn't get home until around 8:30 pm, and Caleb fell asleep in the car. All in all, it was a day well spent. 

1 comment: