February 9

What a fun evening we had! Our friends Dan and Jen wanted to have some family photos taken, so they came over for pictures and dinner. Unfortunately, their kiddos Caleb and Hannah had a rough time with their afternoon naps, so by the time they arrived we were grasping at the last remnants of afternoon sunlight.

Luckily, before they arrived I had some handy little helpers who were willing to be my test subjects so that I could find the best light and furniture placement for the photo shoot.

Goodness. How sweet is this boy? I worked the ACT this morning and came home while he was napping, so I didn't get to see him for eight hours. I was delighted that he seemed to have missed me!

In the course of our furniture-moving, we found this bracelet that I made for Caleb at MOPS. Of course, once Caleb had his, Daisy needed hers, which had broken months ago. Luckily, I had kept the pieces and was able to quickly put it back together.Why didn't I do that in the first place?

What? I don't let my kids jump on the couch. 

*sigh* 
OK, maybe I do let the kids jump on the couch. But look at how happy they are!

His cheesy smile.

I gave Caleb a hair cut yesterday, and Daisy insisted on having one, too. I intended to just trim the scraggly wisps of her bangs, but somehow she ended up with this Lloyd Christmas look. Maybe I should leave her haircuts to the pros...

I love that, even after spending all morning as their sole caretaker, Chris was still this happy to snuggle with his kiddos.

One of the reasons I fell in love with Chris was that I knew he would be a good daddy, but I'm still constantly surprised by much he truly delights in his children.

I definitely caught myself a good one.

Plus, he makes some pretty good-looking children!

I love them all.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, Lloyd Christmas. OH I love your kids too! And brother bear.

    ReplyDelete