February 5

Does this look like a girl who is recovering from the same nasty stomach bug Caleb had?
Yep.
Our Monday looked like this:
1:48 am - Chris wakes up puking. He pukes for the next eight hours.
8:30 am - I load the kids in the car and drop them at my mom's house. I head to my prenatal appointment. 
(18 weeks along! Everything looks great!)
11:30 am - head home to a recovering Chris, put the kids down for naps.
2:30 pm - getting ready to visit the chiropractor, hear a still-napping Daisy cough and say "Wet!" on the monitor, but nothing else.
3:45 pm - return home to find Chris tending to a very solemn Daisy, who apparently said "Wet" because she had vomited all over herself.
9:00 pm - Daisy vomits for the last time, right before Chris and I settle down to watch the latest episode of Downton Abbey.

So to recap: Caleb was sick for six hours, Chris for eight, and Daisy for six hours. That, my friends, is my kind of stomach virus! I just read an article that links the consumption of full-fat dairy (hello, raw, whole milk and butter!) with protection against pathogens in the gut. While I'm sad that this virus made its way through our family, I'm happy that it was so short-lived. I'm definitely giving our crazy diet all of the credit for that!

See? Not sick anymore!
(They're standing on my bed, in the midst of a jumping session, watching something out my bedroom window. In just a few minutes, Caleb will break the lamp behind him. But at this moment, it was nothing but fun.)
Now it's my turn to get sick - I'm the only one not to succumb yet. Let's pray it passes me by?

No comments:

Post a Comment