February 23

My birthday is tomorrow, but that day is filling up quickly. To keep things more low-key, we had a sweet little birthday celebration for me today.
Almost 21 weeks pregnant. How about that?

There's something special about being pregnant on my birthday. I particularly love this picture from 2011, when I was 31 weeks pregnant with Daisy:

Or how about this never-before-blogged picture of me in 2009 when I was 20 weeks pregnant with Caleb? 
Yep. The beauty of being pregnant on your birthday is that you can request three birthday desserts and no one questions you.

This year, I had two birthday desserts: a GAPS-legal German Chocolate cake, and GAPS-legal chocolate cupcakes with marshmallow icing
(Since the desserts were GAPS-legal, we splurged on real ice cream. And we didn't even eat that Cool Whip - too many chemicals!)

This is Daisy giving me a birthday kiss. Her version of "giving a kiss" is leaning in and allowing you to kiss her. Whatever. I'll take it.

My darlings, enjoying their cupcakes. Daisy's method of cupcake-eating was pretty funny. Though she has a spoon in her hand, you'll notice that those fingers are also all covered in marshmallow icing. That's because she was scooping up fistfuls of icing and shoveling them into her mouth, until I suggested she use a spoon. Funny girl. 

Behind them, you'll see the "birthday card" Caleb made for me. It was a picture from one of his coloring books, topped with roughly twenty Cars 2 stickers. On top of all of the stickers is one of the character Finn McMissile. Caleb handed me the card and said, "I put Finn McMissile on it. I know you like him!"

Hmm. Sweet thought, child. Too bad I don't *really* like Finn, but it's sweet that Caleb was trying to think about what I like. So happy birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment