February 8

Well, it hit me. Nearly three days after everyone else in the house was sick and recovered, I got the stomach bug. Thankfully (I think?), I didn't actually vomit; I just felt miserable for 36 hours. I stayed in bed for 18 of those hours, thanks to Chris and my mom, and I think I'm finally better. Hopefully we're done with sickness for a while!

I didn't feel quite up for it, but we ventured out today to register Caleb for preschool. It feels so strange to be  making plans for September, when it's only February now, but I guess that's the way the preschool world works. As we drove to the registration site, I explained to Caleb that he wasn't actually going to preschool now; we were just going to sign him up. He responded, "I get to go to preschool after the baby comes out of your belly, right?" Apparently, we had already discussed the situation and he didn't need a reminder. Funny boy.

Later, I found some free Valentine's Day printables on this site. Caleb was eager to color his, and ended up making his Valentine for Daddy.

This was his creation:
He directed me to put people's names in specific hearts. You can see Daddy in the biggest one, Daisy in the next biggest, Mommy in faint yellow at the bottom, Grandmother off to the left, Grandma in rainbow up on the right, and Grandad next to her.

Then, Caleb decided the Valentine needed to go in an envelope. And the envelope needed to be addressed and stamped. Finally, I showed Caleb how to lick and seal the envelope. We finished just as Chris returned home from work, and Caleb was so proud to give his letter to Daddy!

Oh, yes. He wore that hat all day. It may be a straw hat, but he calls it his "Sir Topham Hatt", after the character on Thomas & Friends.

I love this sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment