February 21

I am writing this post at 1 am.

I have no idea why I am still up at 1 am, but I am. I will most definitely regret this in the morning, but at least I won't have pictures to worry about organizing and editing and blogging!

We got around five inches of snow today, and though banks don't have "snow days" like schools do, they do sometimes close early. Hooray! Chris braved a 90-minute drive home (three times as long as usual!), only to change into snow clothes, shovel our driveway and two neighbors' driveways, and then play with the kids in the snow.

I'm pretty sure I got the best husband ever.

Daisy is still a little uncertain about the snow. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that her snow clothes make her twice as big as usual, and she can hardly move? Or that the snow came up almost to her knees? Regardless, she chose to move very little during her snow play time.

Caleb was Daddy's little helper. He was so eager to shovel the driveway!

When Caleb asked Chris to make a snow angel, he gladly complied.

But our little stinker saw his opportunity and took it without a second thought; he scooped up some snow and dumped it on Chris' face! Luckily, we all thought it was hilarious.

After the work was done, Chris got out the sled. Daisy went first, and Caleb was eager to join her.

Daisy did not enjoy her sledding experience. 

Chris scooped her up and tried to help her laugh it off,

but our sweet girl was still upset.

After a few snuggles and kisses, though, our girl was just fine. 

*sigh*
Eskimo kisses between my handsome husbando and my sweet girl? I am such a lucky mama. 

Finally, Caleb's turn to sled. Can you tell he was excited?

Daisy had another go, and this time she was much happier about sledding. Sweet Caleb was like a little puppy, running alongside them as they slid down the tiny hill.
Love them!

Caleb's turn again! 

And Daisy and Chris watched and laughed as Caleb slid into a tree. Whoops!

They didn't get around to building the snowman that Caleb requested. Maybe tomorrow.

Oh! Our other snow day activity? Caleb taught himself to wink!

How about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment