December 30

We had another busy, fun-filled day today! I'm going to be so sad when Chris goes back to work and life returns to normal.

It was unusually warm today (nearly 60 degrees!), which meant that Caleb's beloved snowman looked like this by 9 a.m.
Yep - a chunk of ice, some rocks, tomatoes, and a carrot. Caleb spent most of the morning looking out the patio window, saying, "Shahshy?" ("Frosty?")

He was really concerned about the fact that his snowman was gone, but he never cried. He just kept going back to look for poor Frosty!

Later, we took advantage of the unseasonably warm weather with a trip to the Zoo, which has a great Christmas light display. We never would have made the 45-minute drive of our own volition, but my dear friend Sara and her family are fancy-schmancy Zoo members, so they suggested the trip. We had so much fun! It's kind of hard to take Christmas light photos, though, so there's not much to see.

Chris and Caleb enjoyed watching feeding time at the penguin house. Also, in case you were wondering, Caleb has decided that penguins say, "Waddle waddle."

Caleb was curious about the penguins!

Sara and her family. Aren't they sweet?

No photos of us, though - it seems like every photo of me lately looks horrifying, so I've decided to stop trying. I've only gained about 13 pounds so far this pregnancy, but somehow it all seems to have gone to my face, so I look like the incredible inflatable woman. Ugh. Now I'm just rambling. I'm going to bed. 


1 comment:

  1. Carrie, I disagree; you do NOT look fat!!!! This zoo trip looks like so much fun! MOM:)
    PS: POOR SHASHY!!!

    ReplyDelete