December 25 - Part 1

This post is kind of a doozy - I hope you don't mind a lot of pictures!
(Of course you don't mind lots of pictures. If you did, you wouldn't be reading this blog.)

I know. We're huge geeks. But when I found these family jammies at The Children's Place last December for $5 each, I couldn't pass them up. I just wish I'd bought every size they had in the kids ones so that we could do it next year, too.
Also, I know that I don't look very pregnant. But I promise - I'm 23 weeks pregnant, and the belly is really noticeable (when I'm not wearing oversized, striped jammies, that is!).

Caleb was really excited to open his stocking!

My favorite gift was this camera bag from Jo Totes. Sara, I think you may need one too! Except for the scratchy zipper, I'm totally in love with it. (And that's the back side - the front is way cuter!)

We had to take a break from the present-opening to eat breakfast and look out the window at our snowman.

Caleb was really pumped to open his gift from his GREAT Aunt Maggie.

Seriously, this was the only present Caleb was excited to open. He started smiling as soon as he saw what it was!

Zoom! He loves it! Thank you, Maggie!

This was the only present Caleb opened all by himself.

Caleb's absolute favorite gift (out of 3 Christmas celebrations!) was this Caleb-sized cleaning set. It had a broom,

and a mop, along with a duster and a hand broom and dustpan. Caleb loves them, and keeps running around the house saying, "Seep!Seep! Mop! Mop!" It's pretty funny.

He was also excited to get his own Cardinals cap, since Daddy's is still a little big for him.

What a great morning!

We are so thankful for all of the blessings God has bestowed upon us, and are so grateful to be able to have such an abundant celebration. But we are even more thankful for God's gift to us: salvation through Jesus Christ. It's our fervent prayer that, despite all of the gift-giving and chaos that accompanies Christmas, we will be able to teach Caleb about the true importance of this Holy day.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment: