December 29

No post yesterday - nothing particularly interesting happened. Just a lot of hanging out at home!

Today, though, we had lots of fun with two of our favorite people. Chris and Amber met us at the Hill for lunch, then introduced us to the Missouri Baking Company and their Amaretto Macaroons, which will forever haunt me. We may have to make the 45-minute drive again soon, just so that I can buy an obscene amount of those delicious little nuggets. I'm salivating right now, just thinking of them. (But it doesn't take much to make a pregnant woman drool...)

Then we visited the Missouri Botanical Garden, where we braved the drizzle to see their Holiday Train and Flower Show and the Climatron. I was really surprised to see how much Caleb enjoyed the whole thing!

At first, Caleb wanted Chris to hold his hand as he explored. That didn't last long.

He enjoyed the train display. See his little finger pointing at something interesting?

I think he's excited about another train? Not sure, though. It could be a flower that has him so worked up. The kid likes flowers.

He was so happy to look at all of the flowers and trains and little houses! I'm still getting used to him running around and exploring things on his own. I think I enjoy watching him a little bit TOO much, but I love imagining what he's thinking and seeing.

Then we went to the Climatron, where Caleb led the way. When we first entered, he pointed at every leaf he saw (that's right. Every leaf in the simulated tropical rainforest.) and said, "Leaf! Leaf!" He said it to Daddy, he said it to me, he said it to Chris and Amber. Apparently he really wanted to make sure we noticed the leaves. All 9.3 million of them.

Caleb was also enchanted by the running water in the Climatron. Eventually Chris had to step in and remove Caleb from the fountain because he was soaking his sleeves. What a fun day!


No comments:

Post a Comment