May 31

Today, Caleb experienced two extremes of human behavior:
the Renaissance Faire
and Cardinals baseball

We started the day at the Greater St. Louis Renaissance Faire with our fantastic friends the Del Gaisos. (They're our go-to companions for any nerdy fun because Amber's always up for something goofy and Chris jumps at the chance to catch silly things on film.) One of Chris' co-workers gave us free tickets to the Faire, so we didn't have to pay the steep admission price.

One word: wow.

Some people are really serious about this stuff. It was pretty funny.

As we were leaving, we ran into one of my former students and her pet snake.

How could I pass up an opportunity to introduce Caleb to a red boa constrictor?
I couldn't.

Caleb was pretty interested in it!

After a short nap at home (for Caleb, not us), we headed out to Caleb's second Cardinals game.

And there, my friends, we met Fredbird.
We're kind of a big deal.


Since I've known him, it's been one of Chris' life goals to be beaked by Fredbird.
Today, it happened.
And, it also happened to Caleb. Wow.

Caleb was really into the game, despite the rain delay.

After such a busy weekend, he's sound asleep, and we're exhausted.

Chris said he feels like we took a vacation this weekend, and I agree. What fun we had!

3 comments:

  1. Fun! I've never been to the Renaissance Faire but I always thought it'd be a fun place to people watch. =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!!!!! Fredbird! You guys are so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable picture of Caleb in his Cards hat!!!

    ReplyDelete