May 27

I feel like I'm using the word "busy" a lot lately.

Yesterday was Chris' dad's birthday, so today Chris, Caleb and I joined him for a celebratory lunch. It was a lot of fun, and Caleb clearly adores his Grandad.

These Rife men? Seriously good looking.

Later, I decided it was finally time and made the phone call I've been dreading for a while:
I scheduled Caleb's first haircut.

Surprisingly, they were able to get us in today, and a fantastic girl named Liu did the honors.

This is our "before" picture.

Caleb was neither happy nor sad. He just sat there and observed all of the commotion. At least 4 different hairstylists commented on how well he did. I was pretty proud.

I brought my mom along for moral support (I was expecting a horrifying debacle), and she shot this photo of Caleb staring intently at me. Love it.

Here's the end result:
At first, something about it reminded me of Jim Carey's character (Harry?) in Dumb and Dumber.
But once I got it wet and spike-ified at bathtime, it looked just right.

So now we should be back to our darling, crazy-haired baby, instead of that stringy-banged child of a few days ago. I'm so proud of my bravery. Oh, and of Caleb's bravery, too.

1 comment:

  1. You mean Lloyd! LOL "you pumpkin pie haircutted freak" These are adorable I am about to die of cuteness at work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete