May 18

The sun shined today!

It was amazing.

We spent quite a bit of time outside today. After we had lunch with Sara, Cooper, and Cooper's Aunt Mary, Grandma met us at the park for some swinging and nose-biting. Later, Caleb got to play on the patio while I worked on my veggie garden. (So far, our yield has been 2 strawberries that I overlooked until they were overripe and inedible, and a little tomato bud a-growing. Fun!)

And this?
This, my friends, is why I'm so excited to be growing food in my back yard.

Caleb was really interested in the basil.

Got some!

Oops! Dropped it!

Yum! Fresh basil!

It makes my heart feel all warm and fuzzy and happy inside to know that my child will grow up knowing what fresh basil tastes like and where it comes from.

I delight in the fact that as I weeded the garden, Caleb wanted desperately to dig in the dirt with me. He wasn't happy until I got out his little plastic tools. Though he lacks the motor skills to effectively use the tools, he tried so hard to mimic what I was doing.

I brim with pride when Caleb kicks his feet in excitement at the word "outside", or giggles with joy when the wind blows on his face.

And mostly, it makes me feel so satisfied when we go out to the glider on the patio in the morning and Caleb leans into me and we rock, listening to the birds chirp and the wind blow.
And he doesn't wiggle.
He doesn't squirm.
He's content to rest against me and listen.

That's when I know I might be doing something right.

2 comments:

  1. Carrie you and Chris are doing it ALL right! Look at that cutie pie. He is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful post. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete