May 21

Will you forgive me if I take a moment to brag about my baby?

Best. Baby. Ever.

He handled the 8-hour car trip (it takes a bit longer than it used to, now that we have a baby!) with grace. He slept the first hour and a half, which was great, but then decided not to sleep for the rest of the ride.
But you know what? It was fine!
He didn't let the lack of sleep get to him; he was still cheerful and pleasant.

We met up with Chris' family for dinner, and I'm pretty sure Caleb charmed their socks off. They were tickled by the way he scoots around.

We went out to a restaurant for dinner at 7, which is when we normally start Caleb's bedtime routine. Did he mind? Not at all! He was a champ!

8:00 (bedtime) came and went. Did Caleb fuss? NO! He only got cuter!

Now, he is sleeping in a pack n' play (which never happens) in the living room of our absolutely perfect hotel room.

My baby? He rocks.

Now that you've read through all of the bragging, I will reward you with some pictures.

We stopped halfway through the drive so Caleb could play. Since there were two parents present, I got to swing with my little man! It was so much fun! (He's waving at you in this photo!)

Caleb's Great-Grandma loved him right away. (This is Chris' mom's mom. I think she's 92?)

Uncle Bill is GREAT Uncle Bill because of Caleb. He may not have much baby experience, but Caleb sure enjoyed him!
 (Doesn't he look like a natural with Caleb?)

I love how happy Grandma looks! (Caleb wasn't quite sure about the whole situation, but he warmed up quickly.) It's too bad Chris' mom couldn't be here.

Now. Let's pray this child sleeps through the night and makes up for all of the sleep he missed today!


No comments:

Post a Comment