May 10

It's hard for me to comprehend this, given that I am the proud mama of the cutest boy ever born.
But someone doesn't like my baby.
That someone? Our cat, Tigerlily.

It's really a very difficult situation, because we love Tigerlily so much. However, she's obviously the one in the wrong. At first, we thought that maybe her strong feelings toward Caleb were just because he was a new addition to our family, and that gradually she'd warm up.

10 months later, she still has an active dislike for him. And it's getting to the point that we can't hide it from him; Caleb is starting to notice.

Saturday, Caleb tried to chase after the cat for the first time. How do we explain to him that she doesn't like him?


Because he? REALLY likes her.


At some point, he's going to understand that most cats say "meow", not "HISSSS". At some point, he'll realize that his beloved kitty is not a friendly kitty. And I think that point is coming soon.

Poor Caleb.

(BTW, I now have 3 claw marks in my left wrist from trying to hold Tigerlily near Caleb for this long. It hurts.)

2 comments:

  1. LOL! ohh look at his little face light up at the kitty! Maybe in 5 years Lily will get used to him LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is too funny... and you are such a great writer... I love reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete