August 7

How about too many pictures of the kids playing in Lake Michigan? That sounds like fun.

Maggie and Tim live roughly ten miles from Lake Michigan, but we were so busy doing other fun things during our visit that we didn't get to see it. I decided that wasn't acceptable, and suggested that we pack up early this morning and spend a few hours at the lake on our way out of town. Amazingly, my mom and dad had spent the weekend at a town about an hour away for a motorcycle race, and were also on their way home today. They were able to meet us at the lake and spend time watching the kids play. It was so special!

Maggie spent about 45 minutes there with us. We were all expecting it to be cool and windy at the lake, but it was actually sunny and warm. I specifically dressed the kids in long sleeves and pants, thinking it was going to be miserable.
They quickly stripped to their swimsuits.

Daisy found feathers!


Gosh, she's cute.

I mean, really.

When we first arrived, we all had a hard time determining where the lake ended and the sky began. It was pretty amazing.

We were blessed with perfect weather for playing in Lake Michigan, and the beach quickly began to fill up.



These kids had so much fun!

Daisy really enjoyed the sand.
(The bulldozer behind her was working to abate some erosion of the beach. It was noisy, but fine.)



Eli was cold, so I wrapped him up in a Towel Torso Carry using one of Maggie's blankets. I love this picture!

Then my parents arrived, and they had a great time chatting with Maggie.


Yeah, that's my man in the background.

This picture cracks me up.



And then it was time to leave, and get back on the road to head home.

Cleaning all of the sand off these kids was not an easy task! Thank goodness my parents were there!

Our family at Lake Michigan. I love it!

I also love this. Barefoot Eli only wanted to hold Grandpa's hand - no one else's. And then we headed home!

No comments:

Post a Comment