August 6

Today three out of Maggie and Tim's four kiddos drove in from the city to visit us while we were in town, and two brought significant others along, too. We felt so special that they came in to see us, and Maggie and Tim put together a fabulous brunch.
Oh, and the power went out not even an hour into the brunch. Luckily, we were able to move things out to the screened-in porch.

Tim and Maggie's sweet family, minus Kelly, who just returned from Thailand the day before and was sleeping off her jet lag.

While we munched and chatted, the kids colored.

Daisy and I harvested some fresh mint from the yard, and I helped her make mint tea for everyone. Lily approved, and everyone else was very kind. 

Daisy thought it needed more honey, but really it probably needed more mint leaves.



Lily loved Molly and Bridget! I don't blame her - they are pretty glamorous and beautiful

Cousins + kids (though these are really cousins' kids...)

Maggie is Chris' godmother, so it's fun to see him with his kids and her with her kids.

Plus the boyfriend and fiance!

Eli's curls. I couldn't resist.

After everyone left, Daisy begged for me to take her canoeing, too. At first I said no, but then I realized: why not? 
And then I realized that the canoe has three seats, so I could easily take Caleb AND Daisy.
And then I realized that Daisy and Lily are really skinny and the middle seat is really wide, so I could probably take all three of them...
And that is how we ended up here:



I was worried enough about three rambunctious children tipping a canoe in the middle of the lake that Lily got a stern warning about not wiggling or wobbling, and I didn't let Daisy try her hand at paddling. In the end, they did great.

We had so much fun out on the lake together. We definitely need kayaks in our life!

The kids ate their dinner in front of the TV and were very happy about that.

I noticed these scribbles from brunch, and snapped a picture. 
Daisy was tickled that they took the time to ask her favorites and write them down.


No comments:

Post a Comment