August 5

This is what mornings look like at Maggie's house:

You guys. It is the loveliest thing.

Inside, there are sweet babies around a breakfast table in their Gryffindor jammies. But outside?

Wowza. I don't ever want to leave.

We spent the day doing fun things - playgrounds, splash pads, 
and - during nap time for the little ones - this: 
It was Caleb's first time canoeing, and because of Chris' hernia surgery, I got to be the one to take him! I was a bit nervous because I can't remember the last time I was in a canoe; it must be at least a decade ago, possibly two? But my canoeing knowledge base was reliable, and Caleb was a quick study in paddling. We had so much fun exploring the lake together! We watched for wildlife, but didn't see much. Caleb was on the lookout for jumping/flying fish, but didn't see any. He really liked how his paddle made little whirlpools in the water, and the way sound carries over water. It has been much too long since he and I had an adventure alone together!

 What a lovely thing that Maggie and Tim have a canoe. Chris and I have decided that family kayaks must be our next major purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment