August 11

The kids found this "caterpillar" in our garden, munching on a milkweed today. 
They took a picture with my phone, confident that Grandma could identify it. She couldn't. Neither could Instagram. Neither could my quick google searches. I'm pretty sure that means it's a grub of some sort, or an undesirable critter?

Eli and I had blurry snuggles today.

In the evening, we celebrated my nephew Max's 7th birthday. I was there when he was born, and it blows my mind that he is 7 now. 
Emily and Billy held Max's party at a park that has a giant merry-go-round that my kids love.


There's also a splash pad, but the kids spent their entire playtime on the merry-go-round.


Also, a small milestone, but Eli walked up this entire set of stairs without holding on to anything. He is becoming such a big boy!

(Don't worry, Mom. He caught his balance, and I was right behind him in case he fell.)

The birthday boy!

Near our celebration area was this tree. The kids spent a solid 30 minutes trying to run or climb up its trunk.

Daisy was pumped to be the first girl to climb up the tree. Caleb was devastated that Daisy made it up and he didn't. 

Max got a Minecraft Xbox for his birthday, and he was thrilled.


Eli hid in a tree, wearing hand-me-downs from Jace.

After birthday cake, Grandma took the little two to the playground to play.

Chris asked my mom to snap this picture of us. He's sweet like that.

I kind of like him.

After we left the party, we made a pit stop at a local frozen custard shop. You know, because cookie cake wasn't enough, and we needed ice cream too. 
The kids didn't seem to mind.

Lily made friends with the kids from another large family there. She is definitely our social butterfly.


Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment