March 9

Though this morning was rainy and gray, by the time Caleb and Daisy woke up from their afternoon naps it was sunny and in the mid-60s. We celebrated by heading out the the Botanical Garden, or "A-tanical Garden", as Caleb calls it. My dad gave us a membership for Christmas, but this was the first time this year that our schedule and the weather have cooperated for a visit.

Though I've taken the kids there fairly often during the past year, it's usually on a weekday morning. That means Chris doesn't get to go, and he doesn't get to see how excited and confident Caleb gets at the garden. Caleb loves the garden. However, today was a first for us: first visit without the stroller! Daisy alternated between enjoying her freedom and refusing to walk. But that's OK. Girl still has four more months before Baby #3 arrives and she's stuck walking, whether she likes it or not.

Oh, goodness. How sweet is this sassy little girl? Also, I'm not sure I will ever stop laughing about those sunglasses. They're just too funny!

Yeah. She knows she's cute.

See? Working on the walking instead of being carried! Chris started out with her on his back in the Ergo, but she saw how much fun Caleb was having running, and asked to get down.
Caleb was waiting for these sheep. He hasn't been to the garden in at least four months, if not longer, but he was talking about the sheep at the A'tanical Garden just last week.

Caleb's comments: 

Are these ears handles? 
(Well, I don't know if they're supposed to be, but they sure function that way!)

Why is this sheep bald? I'm putting some hair on this sheep.
 *scoops up mulch and places it carefully on the sheep's head*


Daisy could easily get on and off the little sheep, but she wasn't satisfied with it. She wanted to be on the big sheep.

Caleb and Daisy were both delighted by this kinetic sculpture. I love that in this picture, Daisy is fascinated by the sculpture and Caleb is fascinated by her.

My Daisy on the stone Daisy!

I don't think I ever posted this picture on the blog: 
My friend Amber took it when we visited the Garden almost exactly a year ago. Do you remember that? It's funny how much and how little changes in one year! Then, Amber was about 20 weeks pregnant with Gussie; now I'm nearly 23 weeks pregnant with this little one. Funny, isn't it?

Also funny? The Ergo is still seriously comfortable, even with a 22-month-old on my back and a 23-week baby in my belly. (Can you believe we're over halfway there?)

1 comment:

  1. wow looks like fun! LOL the sheep comments!!!
    You look great Carrie; we are all so excited!

    ReplyDelete