March 27

As I started to prepare dinner this evening, I realized I couldn't find my children. After looking unsuccessfully in the front two rooms (where all of their toys are), I found them reading together in Daisy's room.

My heart might have melted just a little bit.

And then while I was taking these pictures, Daisy showed me that she knows the names of all of the shapes in her book. While I snapped away on my camera, she touched each shape and gave it the correct name.

And just to impress me a little bit more, she then counted all of the shapes. Actually, she only counted to ten, and there are more than ten pictures on that page. But still, I was impressed that she was able to count to ten without any prompting!
(Can you tell from these pictures that she was pretty impressed with herself, too?)

Cutie pie Caleb was pretty proud of his little sister. But more than anything, he wanted to get his hands on my camera. After much begging and pleading on his part, along with this winning "please?" face, I handed over the big, heavy camera. 

He took four pictures, but this one was his favorite: 
Not quite in focus, but pretty well framed. Not bad for a three-year-old!

And then, with a warm and fuzzy heart, I went back to the kitchen to make dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment