March 24

Chris and I were scheduled to serve in our church's nursery this morning, so we loaded Caleb and Daisy into the car and made the 25-minute drive to church. As we drove, the snowflakes began to fall. Once we arrived at church, we watched out the nursery window as the blanket of snow grew thicker and thicker. It took us an hour to get home, but we made it safely. While the kids napped, the snow continued to pile up, and when naptime was over, they headed out to play.

I donned my Dad's 35-year-old snowbibs (I wonder if he knows I have those?) to join Chris and the kids outside. My 6-month pregnant belly was almost more than they could take, but  they managed to zip! (I promise that 35 years ago, my dad's physique did not match that of a 6-month-pregnant woman; I think over the  years the elastic has stretched quite a bit.)

Caleb and Daisy were so excited to pull open their confetti eggs in the snow! Sadly, the snow was still falling so fast and hard that you can't really see the confetti because of all the snowflakes.

Daisy was very serious about her confetti egg.

These boys rolled about in the snow like puppies, and it was so funny!

Then, sledding time! Chris and Daisy were catching snowflakes on their tongues, while Caleb ate the snow off his mittens. (This time I wised up and put double layers of mittens on both children. Worked like a charm at keeping their little hands warm and dry!)

During dinner, we saw these visitors in our back yard.

After dinner, Chris and Caleb went back out to build a snowman.
I think Chris did most of the building.

Our Frosty, with a carrot nose and a raisin smile.

But Caleb preferred the bucket-for-a-hat look for Frosty, and Frosty's hat for himself. Funny boy.

All told, we ended up  with around a foot of snow on Palm Sunday. This view out the window, which I had decorated with springy gel decorations earlier in the week, made me laugh pretty hard. Even better? By Good Friday, it's supposed to be in the mid-50s. I love the midwest.

1 comment: