March 20

Every morning for the past few weeks, as I struggle to find something grain-free and low-effort to feed the kids for breakfast (eggs will only get you so far!), Daisy and I have the same conversation.

Daisy: "Go somewhere?"
Me: "Where would you like to go?"
Daisy: "Go Butterfly House. Go gym. Go 'Neer's house. Go Gramma house. Go somewhere?"

The poor girl must have cabin fever, because before she's even out of her jammies, she's asking to go somewhere.

(That's Daisy, writing on the chalkboard wall while Caleb does something that is likely mischievous.)

Caleb, on the other hand, relishes being home because it means that he gets to keep wearing his shorts and t-shirt/muscle shirt. He knows that if we go somewhere, I'll make him change.

He also knows that if I get any say in what he wears, he'll wear pants and a long-sleeved shirt. So lately he's been skirting the issue by getting himself dressed before I'm even out of bed. I suppose I should appreciate his newfound problem-solving skills?

No comments:

Post a Comment