March 8

I've been a neglectful blogger this week, but I promise nothing is wrong. We've just been so busy that I haven't had a chance to take pictures!  Monday we visited the Butterfly House (again) with friends, Tuesday was my 22-week prenatal appointment (everything is great), Wednesday we played with Baby Andrew, Thursday was MOPS... and today Chris took the day off work so that I could go shopping for some new clothes. It was his birthday gift to me. 

But luckily, this afternoon was gorgeous, so after I was done shopping, we got in some outdoor time.

When Caleb wears this hoodie, he pretends that he is Moon Mater. (The link is to the 4-minute video of Moon Mater. It's Caleb's favorite, and I can't believe it's on the internet, in its entirety, for free!) The hood is his bubble-top helmet. He's pretty silly about it.

I picked up these sunglasses for Daisy while I was shopping today. They were too hilarious (and inexpensive) to pass up, and she loved them!

Have I mentioned Daisy's new rain boots? I don't think I have. Last week, we took a family trip to Goodwill to find a clock for Daisy's room. While we were searching, we stumbled across these brand-new Cars 2 rainboots. I knew Caleb would love them, but they were *gasp* size Toddler 3/4. Daisy's size. That never happens; at least, it never happens with rain boots. I found a darling pair of boots for her at Christmastime, but they were size 7/8, so they don't even come remotely close to staying on her feet.  So when I found these in her size, I snatched them up, regardless of the fact that they were "boy" shoes.

She loves them.

They are her new go-to shoes; in fact, on Sunday I put a cute little jumper and leggings on her, and told her to go get some shoes. She came into the kitchen carrying her rain boots, grinned at me, and said, "Here. These perfect!"

Love that girl!
(Side note: We've been on the GAPS diet for five months today. For the past two months, Daisy hasn't gained any weight; she's held steady at 19.8 pounds due to various colds and stomach bugs. But today I weighed her, and she has officially passed the twenty-pound mark! Daisy now weighs 20.4 pounds! When we started five months ago, she weighed 18.6 pounds. Not quite two pounds in five months doesn't sound like a lot, but we've fought for every single ounce. So yay, Daisy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment