January 30

Last week in Classical Conversations, the kids learned about the states of matter. You know: solid, liquid, gas, plasma?
Then we watched a Bill Nye the Science Guy episode about the same thing, and it mentioned making rock candy as an experiment. The kids were stoked, and we promptly began our experiment. Then we read the last step, which was "Wait 3-7 days".

Whomp, whomp, whooommmmp.

But today was 7 days, and we pulled our sticks out of the sugary goo to find rock candy! Hooray!
I'm not sure why I'm sharing this photo. Maybe it's the rock candy + liquid sugar + slice of cheddar cheese on her plate. Or maybe it's her funny shirt.
Or maybe it's the creamy quality of her skin.

Happy girl with homemade rock candy!

Happy boy who needs a haircut!

Yum. 
Right after this she asked me to put the pictures on Facebook. Will do, child.

Honestly, I thought the rock candy was unimpressive. I was expecting bigger sticks. But the kids were thrilled.

Then Eli woke up and was fussing and only wanted to be held.
Normal.
Except that when I offered to wrap him on my back like I always do, he actually agreed!
My 2 year old is letting me wrap him again!

OK, so I might have had to feed him some crackers to get him up in the world's sloppiest ruck.

He quickly wanted down, so I unwrapped him.
Then HE WANTED TO GO BACK UP!!!

Hooray! 
I love his mischievous little face peeking over my shoulder.

Maybe our babywearing days aren't over yet, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment