January 2

Since today was a bank holiday, Chris got to stay home. Hooray! He is in desperate need of new work shoes, and I don't trust him to go out shopping on his own for some. Thankfully, my mom was willing to come stay with the kids so that Chris and I could go shoe shopping together, and have a dinner date afterward.

Our expedition was a success: we found two pairs of work shoes for Chris, two pairs of casual/business-casual shoes for him, one pair of sneakers for me, and several shirts for Daisy, who is suddenly too tall for many of her 5T shirts. 

Dinner was spur of the moment, and we ended up at a place I had never been to before. They had a killer happy hour, and an enclosed patio with fire pit. We dined on appetizers and wine, and thoroughly enjoyed each other's company.
No, Chris isn't on fire. That's the fire pit behind him.

Wine.

What a lovely afternoon/evening. Thanks, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment