January 18

We had a busy day today! Amber and 3/5 of her children came over, and the kids played while Amber helped me practice for the babywearing skills assessment I have scheduled Friday afternoon. It was a remarkably productive playdate, likely because it was warm enough for the children to run around outside like crazy people. Outside children = moms who can focus on what they need to do. 

After lunch, the kids were goofy. Lily gave Eli this stuffed dog of hers, and he was so happy!
Look at that face! I love that my children are finally starting to learn to be generous with their things, and that they are experiencing the joy that comes with giving. Eli now has a crib full of stuffed animals, thanks to his generous siblings. He loves it.

Looking out Lily's window with big brother.

I mean, seriously. Look at how happy Eli is! He has his new stuffed dog, and his big brother's attention. I love this kid.

Caleb and Daisy snuggled in Lily's bed, too. 

Then it was time for naps! Once the little ones were down, I got to work setting up for my first "studio" photo session. A friend hired me to do 3,6, 9, and 12-month photos of her son, and today was his 6-month session. Caleb and Daisy helped me practice my light setup.





Gosh, I love these pictures! Then Caleb asked me if I could use the remote so that I could be in a picture with him. How could I say no?

My sweet boy.

Love him!

The jury is still out on how the studio session went - I've glanced at the pictures and since they're my first real attempt, I'm happy with them. Definitely room for growth, but they are fine. I think.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I'm sure they are great. Wow, how do you handle so much??

    ReplyDelete