May 1

Late night. I'm tired. And, I hear the girl crying. Pardon me if this is rushed. (But it's been nearly a year, and I've blogged every day! Quantity, not quality, right?)

It rained this morning. We put on our rain boots and went to Bread Company. Then we came home and played in the shelter of our front porch. 
My girl likes the porch.
(She's become especially communicative lately. If she wants something, she grunts and reaches until I figure out what it is. I'd prefer words and getting it herself, but I'll take what she gives me. The communication is a trade-off for the fact that she has suddenly decided that when she nurses - about five times a day - it must be for at least thirty minutes or woooooe, her life is terrible and how can I be such a cruel mother?)

We met Amber at a new park, and she showed us a family of twelve baby ducklings. 
It felt especially appropriate, since Amber was out walking with her baby duckling, who is nearly six weeks old and adorable! Hooray, baby Andrew!

Caleb liked the ducks.

Daisy liked her Daddy, who met us at the playground on his way home from work.

Yep. That's her "gazing lovingly at my Daddy" face.

Caleb swung on the big boy swings - for real! Can you believe he's nearly three?

And the girl is still crying. *sigh* I miss sleep.

2 comments:

  1. It was fun to see you guys! Can't wait till Daisy's party on Saturday - see you then!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH gorgeous kids! I wish I could be there for the party!! :(

    ReplyDelete