May 19

Apparently when I don't post on the blog for three days, my mom goes into full-on panic mode. And panic mode is exacerbated when my last post made a passing reference to Daisy having a low-grade fever. By the time Mom got me on the phone, her imagination had Daisy in the hospital and me angry at her for making Daisy sick.

Everything is fine. 

I am just lazy. I may skip a day or two here and there, but everything is fine. There is no need to panic unless I tell you to panic.

Speaking of panic, today I just happened to decide to give Daisy her first hair cut. It was a whim, really. And I did it. I'm still not sure whether it was a good idea or not, but what's done is done.

Here are some before shots:
Her bangs are always in her face because she won't keep a clip in her hair.

And then there's that baby mullet. Those little curls have just started forming, and they're the only thing that made me hesitate about cutting her hair. (Well, that and the fact that I had no idea what I was doing.)

But I did it. I popped her in the Bumbo chair to keep her still, turned the TV on in the hope that it would distract her, took her clothes off, and sprayed her down.

Every time I got ready to make a snip, Daisy stuck her little hands up into her hair. I gave her a spray bottle hoping that it would keep her hands occupied; it didn't work. The TV was worthless, too. It was a disaster.

The end result? It's kind of a little pixie cut.

Clearly she disapproves.

She was very angry about the whole situation.

Poor girl. But it will grow back, and it's already growing on me. Maybe tomorrow I'll work up the guts to tidy it up a bit.

1 comment:

  1. adorable. what else could she possibly be??

    ReplyDelete