September 29

This girl.
Oh, this girl.

She's a charmer all day, and then bedtime rolls around and all she wants to do is scream!
Last night was another milk volcano - she nursed happily, I burped her, she nursed some more, and then she stopped and smiled at me. I thought to myself, "Wow! She's stopped nursing because she is full and content, not because she's asleep! How wonderful and odd!" Of course, thirty minutes before, I had thought to myself, "Gee! Lily hasn't puked milk all over me in at least a week! That's great! Maybe I should change the sheets!"
And then my smiling baby opened her mouth and - without any warning - torrents of milk gushed forth, until I found myself sitting in pool of milk on my clean sheets. 
*sigh*
Good thing we have really effective waterproof mattress pads!
Good thing I love her.
Good thing I have a great sense of humor.

Today was a productive day. Chris stayed home from church and painted Lily's room; when I came home I did the trim and touched things up. Then Chris replaced the old, dingy electrical outlets and covers, and we moved furniture around.
The girl is ten weeks old, but we finally almost have a nursery ready for her. 
Not that we're in a hurry to use it - we'll keep her in bed with us for a few more months, at least. Daisy stayed in our bed until she was nearly one, but I'm not sure we'll let Lily stay quite that long.
In the meantime, I plan to let her nap in her room, and use it as a quiet place to nurse her.  It's shaping up to be a really pleasant place! 
Now, if only I could find a way to get these Pottery Barn Kids curtains... I found a tutorial to make my own, but by the time I've factored in material, plus blackout fabric, plus my time to make them, it almost makes more sense to buy them...

No comments:

Post a Comment