September 25

Oh, goodness.
I have a lot of pictures today, probably because it was an all-around good day. (Darn well better be, after how rough last night was!)

Chris and I did some furniture moving last night after the kids were in bed, and we brought this newly-acquired piece (from my grandparents' house) in from the garage. It's not even fully assembled yet, but Caleb and Daisy love it!

Then we went outside to play, partially because it was a lovely morning, and partially because we were expecting someone to come deliver a dining room set we found on Craigslist. The table and chairs arrived early, and it was one of those wonderful transactions that reinforces your faith that there are lots of good, decent people in the world.
Now I need to get to work refinishing the furniture they brought!

Our neighbor's tree is producing lots of inedible berries (perhaps it's a mock cherry tree?), and Daisy loves gathering and collecting them. Each one is a little treasure to her, and thus far she has refrained from eating any of them.

Caleb found a paper party horn that he got at church during their lesson on Joshua and the Battle of Jericho. He marched up and down the sidewalk, tooting that thing like it was his job. I'm sure the neighbors appreciated it. Then, we heard a tooting in response. At first I thought it was a goose, honking back. But then we realized that one of our neighbors must have had a trumpet, and was trumpeting back at Caleb from inside their house. It was really funny, and Caleb was delighted!

He even gave Daisy a turn with his horn.

(He only gave her a turn because he wanted a turn with the bubbles.)

We're still working at the potty training with Daisy; she's got the pee down, but hasn't pooped on the potty very many times yet. This morning she had to go, but wouldn't do it on her potty. She kept asking for a diaper, but I refused because I knew she could do it. Finally I got her to sit on the potty while I played "Royals" for her, and that did the trick.

Later, after lunch, I was putting Lily down for her nap when Daisy declared she had to poop again. I tried to help her, but she wanted none of it. So I told her I was going back to take care of Lily, and she could come get me if she needed anything.

Just as I got Lily down, I heard the kids' toilet flush. I went into the bathroom to see Daisy standing proudly at the toilet. She had climbed up onto the toilet, pooped in it, and flushed the toilet, all by herself. It's a big deal because it was her first time using the big toilet; until now, it had always been her little potty. Plus, it was a poop. She was so proud!

Now she just has to figure out how to stay dry during naps and bedtimes!

All three kids napped for nearly three hours today, and when Daisy and Lily woke up, they were happy to snuggle together. See Daisy holding Lily's hand?

Happy girls!

Daisy wanted to take a picture of Lily with my camera. This was her best shot.

Sweet sister kisses.

Daisy wouldn't let Caleb snuggle with her (he was willing and eager to do it!), but she was happy to snuggle with her Lil.

While the girls snuggled, Caleb "read" his Superhero Squad library book.

Then we played with the kids' name trains. 
I'm so glad that Daisy has one of her own!

Caleb may not be writing yet, but he can spell his name, and pick out all of the letters and arrange them in the right order. That's something!

I'm not sure why he looked so surprised here, but I just like the picture.

This was right before the trains went crashing to the ground!

Then, back outside. 
Guess who's now wearing 3-6 month clothes?
This girl!
This outfit was one of my favorites of Daisy's, and I'm so glad that Lily has a chance to wear it before it gets too cold for summery rompers!

And then Chris came home, and the children may not have eaten a good dinner, but they took at least a few bites, and then we went for a lovely family walk at sunset.

And best of all? Chris tucked Caleb in at bedtime tonight. As Chris was leaving the room, Caleb called out to him, "Just remember, Daddy: I love Mommy more than you."
That, my friends, is why I do what I do! Ha!

It would have been a perfect day, if Lily had just stayed asleep when I put her down at 7:45. But she didn't; she woke up at 8:10 and then screamed for an hour straight. Nothing we could do would console her. Poor baby! She seems to be feeling better now, though. As I type this, she's sleeping in her swing, swaddled and sighing contentedly. Love those little baby noises!

No comments:

Post a Comment