September 30

I went to the grocery store today. Among my finds were giant pumpkins for a mere $3.49 each. Of course I bought two. I barely had room for groceries in my cart, but I didn't regret the decision.
I'm not sure you can tell from this photo, but Caleb was really pleased when he woke from his nap to find the pumpkins. He immediately claimed "his" pumpkin, then asked that we please weigh it. I'm not sure why he cared, but it weighed 23.4 pounds.

Then we woke Daisy and went to visit our friends Amber and Michael to celebrate baby Gussie's baptism. Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of Gussie.

Actually, you can see his little feet poking out here. Hello, tiny Gussie feet! Amber was tending to Gus while the girls "supervised" and Michael Jr. played in the dirt. 

Caleb was enthralled with their play house.
 At bedtime tonight, he asked me if we could have a toy house like Catherine and Mary and Michael's. I replied that, sadly, we were not likely to have a toy house like this, but isn't it fun to go to friends' homes and play with their toys? Maybe we can go back soon and play with the toy house again. And we have lots of toys that Catherine and Mary and Michael don't have.
(We're having a bit of a problem right now with Caleb wanting everything he sees. Everything. Every night, he has a new request (or three) for some sort of toy he wants. And the kid doesn't even watch TV to see the ads. He just wants things. I have no idea how to gently steer him away from this desire for more, more, MORE and encourage him to be content with what he has. It makes my heart hurt. Any suggestions?)

Gussie's baptism celebration would have been awesome anyway, but it was rendered completely spectacular by the fact that Amber procured a keg of rootbeer from Fitz's. Rootbeer on tap? My kind of party!

I just love this photo of a sharply-dressed Michael, barefoot, pulling a wagon with all his might.

And how about Daisy, in the rocks, wearing her new white loafers, even though it's well after Labor Day? This girl throws fashion rules to the wind.

I know you can't tell from this picture, but Michael and Daisy were "dancing" together in the rocks. Daisy was waving her legs frantically as Michael did a little jig.

And then he pulled her around in the wagon. Despite the look of terror concern on her face, it appears that Daisy and Michael are fast friends. What fun!

2 comments:

  1. Didn't you say reading helped Caleb with flying? The Berenstein Bears have a book that might help. It's The Berenstein Bears get the Gimmies. =-)
    http://www.berenstainbears.com/parents/amazon_books.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, Emily! We actually got that book from the library a few months ago; maybe I need to add it back into the rotation with more vigor...

      Delete