March 30

The past few days have been the kind of days where I haven't gotten out of my pajamas, or brushed my hair, or possibly even brushed my teeth. I've been grouchy, and the kids know it.
Today, Caleb was making me crazy.
Eli woke up from his nap and only wanted to be held.
I needed to make dinner.
This is life right now.

But my baby allowed me to toss him up on my back (in my one remaining wrap!), and he was content while I made dinner.
And then, as I was snapping this picture,

My stinky little stinker popped his cheery little face into the frame. How can a mama be crabby with two sweet boys like this?

Another bright spot? The alligator key chains that arrived in the mail from GREAT Aunt Maggie. One of the books we brought to Florida was Zack's Alligator, a story about a kid whose uncle sends him a key chain sized alligator. The instructions say to give her water, and when she gets water, she grows into a real alligator! When Caleb saw his alligator key chain, he immediately ran to the sink and gave it water.
I love that Maggie knew how such a sweet little thing would make the kids so happy!

Another thing that makes me happy? The way Eli says, "I don't know". It sounds like "I no-no!" in a sweet, sing-song voice. I tried to record him saying it today, but he was being a little bit silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment