November 5

These children.

Today I was ready to give them away on Craigslist. Caleb has been remarkably fussy and uncooperative the past few days, and this morning it was especially bad. (This evening, too. We've been struggling to get him to sleep for the past thirty minutes.) I'm not sure what's going on with him, but something is "off" - he's not his normal self. Can they get this way with growth spurts? I'm really hoping that's it.

But. At one point this morning, he was cute and sweet. I let him sit on the coffee table, and of course if Caleb did it, Daisy had to do it, too.
They are pretty cute, aren't they? 
But he's been such a stinker tonight that it's hard for me to see through my frustration. (I'm just being real - I know every parent has been there before.)

And then he decided to give his sister a hug.  This was right before she started squawking because she didn't want her brother to hug her... But it was cute up until that point.

At dinner tonight, Chris and I talked about tomorrow's election. I decided to print up a ballot sheet to document my choices so that I could vote more easily tomorrow. (I mean, come on. I'll be voting with two toddlers in two. I should have a personal voting assistant or something.) I asked Chris if he wanted one, too, and he said yes. Then Caleb chimed in, "I want one, too!"

So the boy picked his candidates.

Of course, if Caleb got to "vote", then Daisy did, too. 
She didn't realize that while Caleb had an actual ballot, hers was just a blank sheet of paper.

Then the kids, wearing oddly patriotic (and matching) clothes, showed off their ballots on our "stage". Happy Election Day Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment