November 27

Our parent educator came today to do Daisy's developmental screening. The girl rocked it! She dominated the language section, aced soicial/emotional, gross and fine motor, and did well with problem solving. I love that my girl whose gross motor skills were so delayed at twelve months is now right on track (and actually ahead of the curve). Hooray, Daisy!

Also, the parent educator informed me that Daisy isn't actually a bully, as I had feared, but rather a "normally developing toddler". See, I missed this stuff with Caleb. He never hit or bit or pulled hair for fun, or shouted "GO AWAY!" at the people he loved. I thought HE was normal. Turns out, he wasn't normal, and Daisy is. So I suppose that's a relief.

After naps today, Caleb and Daisy wanted to paint. I brought their painting stuff near my sewing machine so I could work on a project while they painted. Daisy was so excited to paint that she was flapping her arms and nearly vibrating with joy by the time I had everything set up.
These two painted happily for forty-five minutes, which is ages in toddler time! My secret to success? They each get their own paint palette, rinsing water, paper towel, paper, brushes... as long as they don't have to share, they can play nicely.

After painting, they climbed on top of the toy box/table and admired the Christmas tree.

Love it.

2 comments:

  1. Yay Daisy! And love the Christmas tree pics. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures! I am listening to Christmas music while looking at this and it makes it extra nostalgic. Ok how funny that Caleb was super sweet and Daisy is like slapping, biting and being mean. Typical woman, LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete