May 3

One year ago, at this exact moment, I was wondering whether I was really in labor or not. (Spoiler alert: I was.)
One year ago, at this exact moment, I was nervous that the whole "home birth" thing would be a disaster.
One year ago, at this exact moment, I had no idea if the child I was carrying was a boy or a girl.

One year ago tomorrow, Daisy was born.

Thank the Lord for His many blessings.

We'll celebrate as a family tomorrow, in earnest on Saturday, and with a one-year checkup on Monday.

In the meantime, Caleb is one cool cat.
He did this and said, "I'm bein' goofy!" 
Yes, you are.

Can you believe she's been part of our family for a year now?

We did some pre-celebrating by giving Daisy her first taste of ice cream after dinner.
An added bonus: it was also her first taste of chocolate. I let Chris do the honors; wouldn't want to have to share my ice cream, now would I? 
Big surprise: the girl loved it.

More, please?

I know, Daisy. It's good stuff. But wait until Saturday, when you get to have a cupcake! Oh, boy!



1 comment: