March 9

Caleb is 20 months old today!

Is it just me, or is that number scarily close to 2 years old? Not that I mind him growing up - I'm all for that. But with 2 years old comes the prospect of potty training and a big boy bed, both of which involve work for me, and I'm not all for more work for me.

As he gets older and gets more words, it's becoming even more apparent that this kid has a terrifyingly good memory. I'm thinking I can either let him use his power for evil, or harness it for my good. Maybe I can combat New Mom Brain when Baby comes by training Caleb to help me remember things? I should start that training soon, though...

Jenny came over today to play with us. She knocked on the front door, and I said to Caleb, "Someone's at the door! Who is it? Go see who it is!" and sent him running.
As he ran, he asked, "Daddy?"
No, Caleb, it's not Daddy.
"Maggie?"
No, Caleb, it's not Aunt Maggie.
Then Jenny walked through the door, and he shouted, "DENNY!"

Apparently, Jenny's main attraction is her fancy phone, which she is more than willing to share with Caleb.

"Geez, Mom. Why don't you have a cool phone like this? You're so 20th-century."

Oohhh!

This was when Jenny showed him her fart app. She's such a good influence.

1 comment: