March 7

Hat Month continues!

Caleb and I came home from the library today to find a delightful surprise in the mailbox.

GREAT Aunt Maggie sent this darling little hat for Caleb. As soon as I saw it, visions of us splashing at the pool filled my head. As soon as Caleb saw it, he said, "Hat! Hat! Wear!"

Making sure it's on just right...

Perfect!
Caleb spent the rest of the afternoon saying, "Maggie! Maggie! Maggie!" It was really pretty funny. Thanks, Maggie!

This one is just funny. Our laundry room leads directly into our garage, with three steps down to the garage floor. When Caleb and I go somewhere, I get him all ready in the laundry room, then tell him to stay put while I put his diaper bag and my stuff in the car. Then I come back for him, and put him in the car.

He's such a compliant (and cautious) little boy that I can always count on him to oblige, and we've yet to have a mishap with the stairs. Today, though, he was testing the waters. This photo is him putting his foot over the edge of the door frame, the whole time saying, "Stay put! Stay put!"

I guess I'd better be on guard!

2 comments:

  1. SOOOOO cute!!!!!! The hat is adorable! I'm more worried about the fingers getting pinched in the door (almost happened several times while I was there) than the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have been out of town for the week and couldnt access onecalebaday! it was the worst! (ok, sunny CA was not the worst but i did really miss the photos of my boy!) so glad that he liked the hat. he so reminds me of matt. so cautious and careful yet a little part of him wanted to test every now and then! :)))

    ReplyDelete