September 9

I promise - I've been taking pictures. But somehow, I just managed to delete all of the pictures I took yesterday (and the day before?) without actually getting to see any of them.

*sigh*

Learning new things is always painful. I look forward to the time when I have a  good system down for processing RAW files. 

I also look forward to the time when Daisy decides to sleep again. Last night, she was up from 12:45 until 2:45. She cried the whole time. Most children don't have the energy, desire, or stamina to cry for that long. My child does. The only thing that made her happy was being snuggled up with me or Chris, and Lord knows that's not a long-term option. We're struggling with the right way to help her re-learn how to sleep, and also confused about how she forgot in the first place.

And then there's our upcoming vacation. Can you sense the dread rising up within me? Disrupting my children from their routine for a week and placing them in the midst of someone else's rhythm, while Daisy is having sleep issues... the idea nearly puts me in a cold sweat. I am praying that this is one of the myriad situations where I imagine the worst, and things work out just fine.

So. How about a few pictures that I didn't accidentally delete?

It was cool enough today that the girl wore long sleeves and leggings.
She was standing on the counter, watching Chris mow the yard. He got spoiled this summer: it was so dry that he barely had to mow. Now that it's no longer a desert here, he has to tend to the lawn again.

Daisy's bangs are getting long, so I put a clip in them and she actually kept it in! All I had to do was distract her, then show her how pretty it looked in the mirror, then distract her some more until she forgot about it.

Chris, Caleb, and I were on the front porch when I realized that I hadn't heard from Daisy in a while. I went looking for her, and found this. This is Caleb's room, not hers. She had opened up every one of his lower drawers and removed almost every item of clothing from each drawer. The girl was very pleased with herself.

When I told her we had to put it all away, she was pretty upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment