September 29

This morning was just a lazy Saturday morning at home, but we had big plans for the afternoon: Chris was running the Warrior Dash! He was signed up for the 4:00 wave, so our plan was for him to head out early, and the kids and I would come cheer him on after they woke from their naps.

It didn't pan out that way. Somehow, we started digging around online and discovered that event parking was $20 a car! Since it's not exactly in our family budget to spend $40 on plain old parking (not even valet, or involving a car wash or detailing or a plate of warm cookies!), I ended up staying home with the kids. I think we were all disappointed, but Chris had a great run, and the kids and I had a fun afternoon.

Oh, yeah. That's right. We had a ribbon dance party.
You know you're jealous of this awesomeness.
(Caleb was pretending he was one of the "flag girls" we saw last night at the football game. Should I be concerned that my son would rather pretend to be color guard than a football player?)

We played the same song on repeat for twenty minutes and danced our hearts out. Pardon the mess, but I like that this picture shows that Daisy was waving her ribbons dancer, too.

Then Chris - our warrior - got home, bearing booty for both children.

Caleb got a fuzzy viking hat, and Daisy got Chris' medal.

Chris decided to keep the t-shirt for himself.
(I know - no presents for me?)

Caleb was pretty tickled by his hat, except that it kept falling off when he ran. Perhaps that's why they gave them to the runners at the end of the race? (Well, that and the mud. There was lots of mud.)

Our warrior in training!

No comments:

Post a Comment