September 16

Florida Day 5
You can read about our trip from the beginning here.

We have been so, so thankful to have our own, two-bedroom condo for this trip. Caleb and Daisy are so used to their routine that the slightest disruption can make for terrible nights. Luckily, they've done pretty well, thanks to their noise machine and a rental crib I found for Daisy.

But still, most mornings they have been up before the sun. Usually Chris gets up with them, because if I don't get enough sleep, everyone suffers. But this morning I got up with the kids. We sat out on the balcony and watched the sun rise over the ocean. I'm pretty sure it's the first sunrise Caleb has ever watched, and it was pretty magical.

I know it's grainy; sorry. But still. You get the idea.

Caleb was fascinated by the idea that the sun was waking up.

It did happen a little bit too slowly for him, though.

Daisy was content to stand at the balcony and wait. I had to watch her carefully, though; she's small enough to fit between those railings if she tried hard enough!

Later, something quite remarkable happened.
Daisy took her first steps!
At 16 and a half months old, she took five leaning steps until she reached my arms. Chris was down the hall visiting with our friends Sonny and Carol when it happened. I texted him the great news, and he literally came running to our condo to watch her do it again. Yay, Daisy! Hopefully she'll be actually walking by Halloween!

I also discovered that Daisy has a new tooth! Her bottom left tooth just came through, which makes seven teeth total. She handled the whole thing remarkably well.

Later, we went to the beach.

We brought a jar from home to collect some sand; I've seen way too many cute Pinterest projects featuring vacation sand to let that opportunity pass us by. Caleb scooped up a shovel full of sand, and Chris helped him pour it into the jar.

More digging. Those red shades just crack me up!

My handsome husbando took Daisy out into the water.

Aren't they sweet?

Read about the next day here.

No comments:

Post a Comment