September 25

It was weird waking up this morning without Chris, Caleb, or Daisy! Lily came into my room right when her clock turned green at 6:30, and woke me, saying, "Mommy! There is no one in the kitchen!"
I pulled her into bed and snuggled her, surprised that Eli wasn't awake yet. Most mornings he makes it quite clear he's ready to be awake by shouting, "Daddy? Daddy! DADDY!" It's pretty funny. This morning, though, there was no shouting. After a little while I grew concerned, so I turned up my monitor and heard him talking happily to himself. Sweet boy. 

Lily and I went in to get him, and then I got to work making breakfast and getting everyone ready for church. When the oatmeal was ready, I came back to get Eli and Lily and found them like this:

She was "reading" to him, and he was totally into it. Goodness, I love them.

Later this morning, I also found them "reading" here:
She was trying her best to tell him the story of The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

While we went to church, Chris, Caleb, and Daisy broke down camp with the Boy Scouts. They had a lot of fun!
Apparently they did some reading, too.

They were home in time for lunch, and then Caleb had a soccer game this afternoon. Chris took Daisy with him and Caleb, while I stayed home with the little ones.

Go, team! Caleb is making progress as a soccer player, and really likes playing offense.

Daisy fell asleep in the car on the way to the soccer game. I guess camping wears her out. I sure am glad to have all of my people back under one roof!

No comments:

Post a Comment