September 15

Today was a MOPS day, which is always my favorite kind of day. The kids get to play with friends and learn about Jesus, and I get to... play with friends and learn about Jesus. With hot coffee and yummy food. It's the best. Even better is that there is usually food left over for me to feed the kids lunch there, which means I don't have to make any of us lunch. 
MOPS days are seriously my two favorite days of the month

This was after we got home from MOPS. Or maybe it was later in the afternoon, after Eli woke up from his nap. I can't really remember, but aren't my boys cute?
They were just sitting on the little picnic table bench together.
My mom saw this picture and commented, "The bigger they get, the smaller that table gets!" She's totally right; it won't be long before they won't fit at that little table at all. Really, soon enough we will have to upgrade to bigger patio furniture to fit our whole family at the table.

Also, Caleb is holding an envelope that says, "To: Daddy From: Anonymous" and it contains a little booklet he drew. He left it for Chris to discover when he got home from work, and really thought that Chris would have no idea who it was from. I remember being this age and thinking the same way. I'm pretty sure there was a time that I put on a shower cap as a beret, a pair of some grownup's glasses, and one of my mom's sweatshirts (stuffed to make it look like I was quite well-endowed) and rang the doorbell. I really thought that my costume and the clipboard in my hands would make my mom think I was a college student doing a survey. 
We are quickly entering that territory with our children, and I'm trying to remember not to ruin their imaginations.

Sweet brothers!

Eli and trucks. I love it. He has even started making zooming noises. 

So mischievous.

Daisy's beginning reader books come with stickers to mark when she has completed a book. 
Does this mean that Eli read the book, too? Or that Daisy read Eli? Or that Daisy read a book to Eli? I am so confused.

This girl is the sticker bandit, who swiped the stickers and put them all over her brother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment