July 31

Chris went back to work today, but just for a half-day, in the morning. It would have been fine if Caleb and Daisy had been cooperative, but they were both out of sorts and uncharacteristically naughty this morning. And then Daisy shrieked for two hours instead of napping. But whatever.

I was able to overlook all of that because tonight was Book Club night!
More importantly, it was Lily's first Book Club!
The girls surprised us with a rainbow cake (in honor of Baby Rainbow) and all kinds of books for Lily, so she doesn't have to be stuck reading crummy old books all the time. It was really sweet.
Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera, but I snapped this group shot of Lily's first Book Club.
OK, so it's not the best - half the people aren't even looking at the camera. Alright, it's actually a terrible picture. But still. There's sweet Lily, smack-dab in the center!
Happy First Book Club, Lily! I hope that some day you have a book club of your own that you love as much as I love my Book Club!

No comments:

Post a Comment