July 16

So, I had my 41 week, 1 day checkup today.

I was hoping to hear good news, and instead heard zero. As in, zero centimeters dilated. As in no progress, whatsoever. 
*sigh*
I was feeling fine about that this morning - I mean, I feel great, so it's no big deal - but now all of my optimism has dissipated and I just feel discouraged. But this baby will come eventually. I hope.

In other news, Caleb and I discovered this afternoon that our raspberry bush had yielded its first fruit! There were two ripe, lovely raspberries on the bush, perfect for two very excited children. (Sadly, mama didn't get to sample the fruits of her labor. It's this bush's second season, so I've invested a bit of time in it!)

At first, Daisy didn't understand. It took some coercing to get her out onto the deck to sample her raspberry.

But Caleb's enthusiasm carried her out!

He exercised remarkable restraint in allowing me to take these pictures before he devoured his sweet little raspberry.

Daisy... well, Daisy mimicked her brother's excitement, but I'm pretty sure she wasn't very impressed. I should have just eaten that berry myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment